Sunday, November 1, 2015

Thank Goodness It's Over



Happy Halloween!  Ok, so it was Halloween while I was writing this piece, It's not Halloween any more. 
Everyone knows how I L♡VE me some instagram, but I've been quiet lately.  Mostly because of the ginormous amount of stuffs that had to be done in October. 

Now that the busy month is over, I will share my latest DIY, and start on new November traditions.
First the DIY.  It took far too much planning and thought and stress!

The boys' new school hosts a Fall Festival every year, and man is it a big deal!  As room mom for both rooms, I hosted two booths. 

Tin Can Knockdown 

The booth for Oldest's class was Tin Can Knockdown.  It is very self explanatory.  It was also loud when the cans hit the ground!  The kids seemed to have fun with it, though.  All I had to do was spray paint a bunch of cans (18 in total) to be knocked down with a bean bag I whipped up. 

*the bean bags will be a separate super simple diy later*

The kids traced and cut out their hands, so I turned them into garland to hang on the front of the table.  They were supposed to be fall leaves on a tree, ut I opted not to do the tree once I saw where my booth would be.

My biggest worry with this booth was whether to paint pumpkin faces on the cans.  I opted not to, since this booth was geared more toward Autumn.

Feed The Monster Ping Pong

Littlest's booth was Feed The Monster Ping Pong.  All the kids had to do was bounce or throw the ping pong ball into the "monster's" mouth.  I found some monster ideas on Pinterest, and ran with it.  This one was a little more stressful, as Littlest didn't think I would finish them in time.

One of the monsters.  

The Monster garland on the front of the table were little monsters I drew and the kids colored.  I wanted them to have a hand in decorating, and thought they would like that idea!  They turned out to be quite cute!

Now that crazy October is over, I have a deadline to finish a blanket that I've worked on for almost 2 years!  I want to give it to my brother before the official 2 year mark, so I am going to spend November finishing it!  That will definitely be a post, and my most proud crafty accomplishment.  I am so excited to see it done!

I also have to figure out how to make Thanksgiving dinner.  It's our first Thanksgiving living in Florida, so it's time for new traditions!

Bring on November!!

P.S.  please excuse the candid appearance of the photos, I was so preoccupied getting everything put together that I didn't have time to take proper photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment