Wednesday, November 18, 2015

New Traditions

Thanksgiving is coming!  Thanksgiving is coming! 
How exciting is that?!  And after that is Christmas!!  I'm getting ahead of myself, though.  First things first. 

In all our years together, Hubby and I have never hosted Thanksgiving dinner, until now!

We're so excited about buying our first turkey and planning how we're going to spend the day.  While the kitchen is emitting delicious aromas (Hopefully.  I am not known for my culinary skills), we will be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and decorating the tree.

This year's ornaments are going to be home made, or at least most of them.  I have been collecting shells in jars and buckets since we moved, and now I have found the perfect use! 

Some will have glitter, others paint, and still others will stay the way God created them.  I'm going to spend the next week or so washing the shells and amassing the needed recipes and ingredients!

What about you?

What kind of traditions do you have for Thanksgiving?  Do you visit family, or host at home?  Do you decorate for the upcoming holiday season, or do you wait? 

I am so stoked to get our first holiday season in Florida underway!  This is going to be exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment