Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Bean Bag Tutorial



If you remember, I made bean bags for the Fall Festival at the boys' school.  Any chance I have to craft something up, I'm going to take it!

Here's the little tutorial on how to make these bean bags, and find a use for those old, worn out jeans in the process!

What You'll Need
■  Old Jeans
■  Scissors
■  Thread
■  Ruler
■  Beans (I used black eyed peas, I'm not sure if there's a better kind, I actually didn't Pinterest this at all!)

How To
■  Lay out Jeans, measure the desired dimensions. (Mine were 3"x3")
■  Cut out
■  Sew together on three sides
■  Add beans.  I actually weighed each of mine to make sure they were identical (I told you in the Fall Festival post that I put way too much thought into it!).
■  Sew closed on 4th side
■  Throw!  I mean, that's the fun part of bean bags, right?

I've seen some with X's and O's embroidered or painted on them for Tic-Tac-Toe.  That looks like a cute idea, but make sure you do that before sewing the beans inside. 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment