Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Little One's Hand Wreath



I want to make one to
match my decor
year-round


You know, sometimes I have a hard time putting the stuffs into words.  I am oh so eloquent in my head, but then I put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard), and I write and rewrite until I finally give up.

So, here's real me trying to set up a blog post about November being the month of Thanksgiving, a time when one will look around at all they have been blessed with (an awesome family, a home, or even just breath in their lungs), and give thanks.  This isn't going to be a sappy thanks post.  I don't do sappy.  I do more speaking of my mind (which isn't a very sappy mind).

What I wanted to put together, though, is a cute little DIY child's hand wreath.  I am most thankful for my husband and my children, and I want to celebrate them, so here's a little something to do just that.

This DIY takes no time, at all!  

Here's what you need:
Scissors
Construction paper
Pen/pencil
Glue
Round piece of cardboard
Ribbon or burlap

Directions:
♡  Have your sweet cutie trace his/her hand multiple times (enough to make a wreath)
♡  Cut out sweet little traced hands
♡  Glue in a circle around the piece of cardboard.  They can touch in the center, or leave some cardboard showing, it's up to you.
♡  Make a bow out of your desired ribbon.  I found a quick, easy bow tutorial on Pinterest.
♡  Glue blow to cardboard
♡  Attach hanger of some kind
♡  Enjoy your Little's hand wreath!

No comments:

Post a Comment