Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pumpkins!





Hello, again!

{Last night I made some pumpkin garland for the shop, and I was asked for the pattern.  I decided to try my hand at pattern writing, so, here goes!!!}. Oh, by the way, if you don't want to make these little guys for yourself, I can gladly work them up for you!  Just click the link to the store!

Why is it that every time I have an idea and I think "I can just whip that up really quickly", it takes forever to figure it out?  These little pumpkins gave me such a hard time, for such a little design.  I stared at the yarn for hours, trying to figure out how to make circles look like pumpkins.  

All it took was an IG post about my problems, and within ten minutes (I'm not even sure that's how long it took, that's how long I was away from my phone) I had a message with the answer!  My awesome buddy, Britney @craftierbyb (go check her out, she's so cool!) had the solution to all of my problems.  Well, the pumpkin problem, at least.

Here's the pattern, as requested.  Please keep in mind that I am not a professional pattern-writer girl, so there may be mistakes.  Please let me know if you come across anything that needs attention.  

Pumpkin
12 DC in a magic ring close with a slip stitch
ch 2, 2 DC in each stitch close with a slip stitch
ch 1, 2 sc in first stitch; 
1 sc in second stitch; 
hdc, dc in third stitch, 
*2 dc in fourth stitch, 1 dc in fifth* repreat from * to the 10th stitch.
hdc in 10th stitch
sl st in 11th & 12th stitches
hdc in 13th stitch
*2dc in 14th stitch, 1 dc in 15th stitch* repeat * to the 20th
dc,hdc in the 20st stitch
sc in the 21st and 22nd stitches.  slip stitch closed
bind off

Stem
sc with new color into 15th, 16th, 17th stitches. 
ch 1, sc into each stitch of new color
bind off 

Oh, my goodness!  I am so sorry if this pattern is confusing!  I am so not a writer!  Please, please, please, let me know if you see anything that is confusing or needs my attention.  You can comment below, email me, or DM me on IG!

Well, I think this is day 2 of the 31 Day thingy in the books.  Cool.  Now to brainstorm what I want to write tomorrow!

See ya!

~Amanda~

2 comments:

  1. Cool - thanks for sharing the pattern. I am going to have a hand at this and share the link with others! You rock, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're going to try it out! Please let me know how it goes!

      Delete