Sunday, May 1, 2016

Smoothie Obsession



Yum!  Smoothies have been my go-to breakfast for the past month or two.  My favorite right now is strawberry and blueberry!

They are so simple to make, and they take no time at all!  Here's my super secret, oh-so-delicious recipe for a quick smoothie.

1 cup green tea (unsweetened)
1 cup vanilla yogurt (that adds the sweetness that I need)
Handful frozen strawberries
Handful frozen blueberries

Throw it in a blender, and mix til you get the consistency you want (if you don't have frozen fruit, throw in a handful of ice).

I normally buy fresh fruit every week, clean it, and freeze it for the next week.  Sometimes if I know I won't have time to prep, I'll buy frozen fruit, but I prefer to prep it myself.

Prep the fruit beforehand, freeze it, and all you have to do is take it out of the freezer and dump it into the blender.
--
Another smoothie I used to make (recipe courtesy of my IG friend @crochetnanigans) is to use the recipe above, and add carrots and kale.  Yummy!!!
--
You know something else I want/need to try?  Adding whey protein to my smoothies.  I love whey protein shakes in the morning, so I have to wonder if I can combine it with my go-to recipe.  I'll let you know how that one turns out.

How about you?  Do you smoothie?  What's your favorite recipe?


No comments:

Post a Comment