Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pinterest Project Sunday: I Need A Hammer And A Spoon!




My husband is awesome!  He doesn't question when I ask him ridiculous things, like, do you have tin snips I can borrow, or please stop the car or pull over so I can take a picture of {insert item here, mostly sunsets, but I've stopped for other stuff, too}.

He did ask, though, why I was beating a spoon to a pulp with a hammer.  I guess anyone would be curious if they saw their wife sitting in the kitchen floor, beating on a cardboard wrapped utensil.  

My answer?  I have to downsize my craft supply horde, and I found a pin about making jewelry out of spoons.  We had the old spoons from my mom (don't worry, they aren't antique or anything, she horded them, too), and I thought "why not?".

Here's the link to Mitzi's Miscellany, where I found the pin.

These aren't finished, though.  Hubby is going to drill a hole in it, and I'm going to turn them into a keychain.  There's also a different method to making them into a keychain that I want to try.  

**The keychains will be available in my Etsy shop this week, if you would like to purchase one!**

--Side Note--

Today is the very first day of February...  The month that I have proclaimed to be "No Spend February". Because of that, all of my PInterest Project Sunday projects will be centered around items that I already have.  This is my way of cutting back on spending, as well as busting some of the craft stash!

Now, I have to put on my thinking cap so I can figure out what to do for next week!  If you guys have any Pinterest ideas you want me to try out, let me know!!

See ya!!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment