Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pinterest Project Sunday: Fabric Fun

Hi.  My name is Amanda, and I am a horder.  Well, I'm a craft supply horder.  I like to think that I'm not alone in this.  I have a feeling that most crafty people will squirrel away craft supplies.  I have a habit of not using these items, though.  I buy something thinking I can come up with some great, awesome, knock your socks off kind of project.


This week's project is going to cover two issues that I have.  I have a huge box full of fabric (I have an obsession with fabric de-stashes on Instagram) that needs some attention, AND I need to downsize some of my stuff {stuff is a general term encompassing craft supplies, my purse obsession, books, kitchen junk, etc).


That's where fabric twine comes in.  Theoretically, this is a project that will give me another medium with which to create crocheted items, as well as shrinking my fabric box.  Notice I said "theoretically".  We'll see how well that works, and how quickly.


Check out the tutorial HERE.




I am a little obsessive about colors, so even if something I make looks random, it is most certainly not. I can not {let me repeat - can. not.} have random.  Everything that I make has an enormous amount of thought and planning poured into it, that's why I wonder how quickly this project with shrink my stash.


Even if it takes forever to wind up all the fabric scraps I own, this is a great activity to do while watching Supernatural in the evenings!


Amanda

  


No comments:

Post a Comment