Thursday, September 25, 2014

I Left My Pillows in St. Augustine



For a while now I've been hinting {on IG} about some exciting changes and adventures in store for my little family.  Well, here's the {short} story.  *The complete story will be in my autobiography with the same name as this post*  ;)

We love the beach (who knew, right?).  It's our happy place, the place we feel most at home.  It only seemed logical that we buy a house near the beach.  

We listed our house for sale (we were the agents on that transaction), and sold it within just a few months.  I think it was almost 4 months.  Not too shabby, considering we had been under contract with it twice.  That's quite the story in itself! 

Now, while all this is going on with the house in Georgia, Hubby found the perfect property in our happy place.  We traveled so much, for signing contracts, inspections, etc!  Not that it broke my heart, I got to at least see the beach every time we went (even if I didn't get to swim).  

What broke my heart was getting the news that we couldn't get it.  We had become so attached to this house!  Well, we had one last piece of business down there, so we packed up the kids and drove on down. 

The past few months had been a whirlwind of activity.  Constant moving and packing and unpacking and cleaning, etc, so we were all exhausted to begin with.  We got there late one night, took care of business the next day, and drove back.  Now, that's a 6 hour ride each way!  Even if it's for the ocean, it makes for a long car ride. 

About an hour into our drive, Hubby asked me if I packed my pillows when we left the hotel.  I normally bring my own pillows because hotel pillows are never right.  

Already tired from the trials of the last six months, I broke down crying.  Nope.  I had left my pillows in St. Augustine.  We were already an hour out, and we were not scheduled to get home until almost ten that night.  He had work, I had work...  We decided not to go back.  I still miss those pillows (and my good flannel pillow cases).

Let me tell you, I have learned so much during this year, though.  As a person, I have learned what I'm capable of accomplishing.  As a Realtor, I've learned about the more personal side of real estate, and I know these experiences will help us in the future.  

I also know that God has a plan.  I may have been frustrated and feeling down, but I know that God has it all under control.  What he has planned, I haven't a clue, but I can't wait to find out!

See ya!

~Amanda~

No comments:

Post a Comment