Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Origin of 'Little Beach Bird'

Have you ever looked at a name on Instagram or Twitter (or any of those other social networking type sites about which I am completely clueless), and wondered about the story behind the name?  Some can be easy to figure out.  Others need some explaining.

I realized that my name may be a little confusing,  seeing as I live nowhere near the beach (a lot of people don't know where I live, so this is probably just a lot of chatter).  I am completely landlocked (and hate it)!  The closest thing to a body of water I get to see is the bathtub. 

So, just in case you were wondering, here's the not-so-story about my name.

It's my home, the beach.  I wasn't born near the ocean, nor have I ever lived in a seaside town, but I feel the pull of the tide, I hear the gulls calling me.

One day my husband and I were driving through our very landlocked town, and I saw a bird on a lawn.  I made the comment about the little bird not belonging in this area, that it was a little beach bird.  That's it.  It seemed to fit.  It had a ring to it that was just right. 

It doesn't sound like a reason to write up a blog post, especially since there isn't really a huge, long story behind it, but...

That's why I am Little Beach Bird.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment