Wednesday, January 1, 2014

365 Blanket - Day 1



Yay! I have started my first afghan, and it happens to be my first crochet-a-long!

I started out wanting to make a solid granny square, but I could not get them to look right, no matter how hard I tried (if anyone knows of an easy pattern, please let me know).

I eventually found a pattern here that I love (for the square that I made above).  Maybe I'll still try to make some solid ones and incorporate them into the blanket.  Well see what happens.

I have no rules for this blanket.  It's just going to be whatever color I'm drawn to that day.  It's a little out of my comfort zone, as I'm very much a planner.  I mean, I have a planner for work and a planner for home and I also have to have everything synced on my phone!

Sorry, off topic...

I have tons of new yarn to choose from, though.  My SIL gave me a huge supply for Christmas!  I think my favorite color is the one I used today. It's Boysenberry by Red Heart With Love.  The one I'm doing tomorrow is going to be in Daffodil in the same type of yarn.

I'm interested to see what you've come up with.  Link to my blog or Instagram or Twitter using #TCLcrochetalong.

I'll post more of my progress on the blog in a few days, but I'll post to IG and Twitter daily.

Thanks for following along on my little adventure!

~Amanda ~

No comments:

Post a Comment